Dial-A-Ride Service is available for anyone unable to access our fixed routes because of mobility limitations, or those whose origins or destinations are not within close proximity to our fixed routes. Dial-A-Ride is a curb to curb transportation service operating throughout Yamhill County. The fare is $1.75. An unlimited monthly Dial-A-Ride pass is $40.00.
Dial-A-Ride operates from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. You must call to schedule a pick up at least 48 hours in advance or up to 10 days in advance. Pick up and drop off times may be 10 minutes before or after scheduled times. Will calls have up to one hour from time of call to return for pick up. Site evaluation is required for all new riders.
To make a request, please call McMinnville (503) 474-4900 or Newberg (503) 538-7433.
What to Expect When Using Dial-A-Ride
- Be ready 10 minutes before your pick up time, be at the curb. Driver has a 10 minute window to show up before or after you scheduled pick up time.
- There is a 3 bag limit. Bags must be in your care and control at all times.
- Have fare ready when boarding.
- Driver will only wait 5 minutes. After 5 minutes the ride will be considered a NO SHOW.
- Will calls give the driver 1 hour to return from the time of the call.
- Driver is not allowed to leave his or her bus unattended.
- A PCA will be required if the rider is not capable of getting self from door to door without assistance.
The general public Dial-A-Ride system is very popular. We request customers to ride the local fixed routes whenever possible. All of our transit buses are wheelchair accessible.